Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2007 21:57:54 +0100
From:      Thierry Thomas <thierry@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Grant <emailgrant@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Current Gentoo user

Le Jeu 13 déc 07 à 21:35:04 +0100, Grant <emailgrant@gmail.com>
 écrivait :

> Sounds problematic.  I still wonder about skype/wengo and vmware
> workstation.  I'll have to do some Googling.

Skype is a closed proprietary project, and they don't release binaries
for FreeBSD: the Linux emulation is necessary (it may work, or not... I
don't trust this soft and never tried it!).

On the contrary, Wengo is an open source project (OpenWengo), and it
might be possible to port it on FreeBSD. It could be difficult, if they
only use ALSA or things like that, but feasible, perhaps with some help
from the authors...

Regards,
--
Th. Thomas.