Date:      Fri, 08 Aug 1997 01:49:23 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP options in LINT?

Hi,

> I just looked at the post about the person with problems using SMP, and
> noticed his earlier version of SMP-GENERIC had a lot of smp options to
> work around various rogue hardware.  Are those deficiencies still present
> or did those options just disappear?

The current SMP-GENERIC and LINT describe the options now needed.  The older
options you refer to should no longer be needed or used.

Specifically all these are gone:

options	SMP_AUTOSTART		<- now automatic
options	SMP_PRIVPAGES		<- now automatic
options	SMP_TIMER_NC		<- programmed around

except for a few special cases, you want these and only these:

options		SMP			# Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel
options		APIC_IO			# Symmetric (APIC) I/O

--
Steve Passe	| powered by