Date:      Sat, 24 Feb 2001 00:39:38 -0800
From:      Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   -stable and PnP OS BIOS settings

Hi. I recently downgraded my laptop from -current to -stable (it wasn't
hard. The big deal was rebuilding the ports that I had added in the
meantime). One change in behavior stems from the fact that in -current
having PnP OS turned on worked -- the USB controller gets the right IRQ
and works. Also, the pccard controller doesn't hang the machine in
polled mode like it does normally (undoubtedly this is some sort of BIOS
bug).

Trouble is, this being a VAIO, USB isn't really something you can do
without. But turning PnP OS _off_ makes booting Windows hang and makes
the pccard polled mode hang and is a general nuisance to have to do.

What are the prospects of getting the PnP OS PCI IRQ routing stuff MFCed
so that the USB controllers and pccard polled mode will work with PnP OS on?