Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 2004 20:24:55 +1100
From:      Tim Robbins <tjr@freebsd.org>
To:        Colin Percival <colin.percival@wadham.ox.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adding standalone RSA code

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 08:58:27PM -0800, Colin Percival wrote:
>   I'd like to add a new library for lightweight barebones RSA
> computations, and associated commandline rsa-makekey, rsa-sign,
> and rsa-verify utilities.

This sounds good to me. I recently found myself writing a similarly
stripped-down library for performing RSA signatures due to licensing
problems with OpenSSL (obnoxious advertising clauses, GPL incompatibility).

Can you be a little more specific about what your library supports? What
format does it expect keys to be in? What format does it store signatures in?

Tim