Date:      Wed, 4 May 2005 07:00:24 GMT
From:      Arne H Juul <arnej@europe.yahoo-inc.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/80587: accept(2) can return EINVAL for undocumented reason

The following reply was made to PR docs/80587; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Arne H Juul <arnej@europe.yahoo-inc.com>
To: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 08:59:02 +0200 (CEST)

 On Wed, 4 May 2005, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
 > I think that documenting both cases in a single paragraph of accept(2)
 > is ok too:
 >
 > 	 .It Bq Er EINVAL
 > 	 .Xr listen 2
 > 	-has not been called on the socket descriptor.
 > 	+has not been called on the socket descriptor or the
 > 	+.Fa addrlen
 > 	+argument is negative.

 This is just a style thing, and personally I don't really mind
 either way; other system call man pages have separate paragraphs
 for same errno with different reasons, so I think it's best
 to follow that style.

 --
 Arne H Juul                       Mail:  arnej@europe.yahoo-inc.com
 Release engineer                  Web:   http://www.yahoo.com/