Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2012 13:39:09 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Ganael LAPLANCHE" <ganael.laplanche@martymac.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   PowerBroker Identity Services (Likewise-open) preliminary port update

Hi Everyone,

Following my previous post :

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2011-June/068304.html

and the acquisition of Likewise by BeyondTrust :

http://www.beyondtrust.com/News-and-Events/Press-Releases/2011/BeyondTrust-Introduces-New-PowerBroker-Identity-Services-to-Provide-Secure-Cloud-Authentication-Solution/

here is an update of the preliminary port (v7.1 open edition), now
called pb-identity-open :

http://contribs.martymac.org/FreeBSD-ports/sandbox/pb-identity-open-7.1.0.r64655-port.tar.gz

The HOWTO posted in 2011 is still valid. You can follow step 1), 2) and
3) (do not forget to adapt paths). For step 4), before adding the test
user, do the following :

# regshell
> cd HKEY_THIS_MACHINE\Services\lsass\Parameters\Providers>
> set_value LoadOrder Local

to ask PBIS to use the local database as a source of authentication.

You shoud then be able to identify/authenticate this user.

In step 4), I am now stuck with the connection to the c$ share (which
does not exist - but I don't know how to create it), and also with
lwio-fuse-mount and lwio-copy.

As I am not a Likewise (Pbis) expert, help would be greatly appreciated
in testing the software / polishing / finishing the port.

Best regards,

--
Ganael LAPLANCHE <ganael.laplanche@martymac.org>
http://www.martymac.org | http://contribs.martymac.org