Date:      Tue, 9 Mar 1999 10:47:04 -0800
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
To:        Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
Cc:        Tony Villasenor <tony@villasenor.org>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Matrox Millennium with 3.1?

On Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 02:16:23PM +0100, Gunnar Flygt wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 07:28:28AM -0500, Tony Villasenor wrote:
> >
> > Is the Matrox Millennium G200 graphics card supported by 3.1?
>
> As has been mentioned in this list several times, it is absolutely
> supported by FreeBSD. What you ask (I presume) is if the card is
> supported by XFree86 whixh is the X windows system that comes with
> FreeBSD. This card is supported even by XFree86 as you can see at
> http://www.xfree86.org The support came from ver 3.3.2 of XFree86.

Full XFree86 support for the card, however, did not appear until release
3.3.3.1.  Until 3.3.3.1, various accelerations did not work and a
generic S3 card was faster.  Now the G200 blows the S3 out of the water.

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                           Mostly Harmless
mailto:gsutter@pobox.com