Date:      Sat, 19 Jul 2014 10:06:21 +0800
From:      Marcelo Araujo <araujobsdport@gmail.com>
To:        Navdeep Parhar <nparhar@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [patch][lagg] - Set a better granularity and distribution on roundrobin protocol.
References:  <CAOfEmZjmb1bdvn0gR6vD1WeP8o8g7KwXod4TE0iJfa=nicyeng@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ-Vmomt2QDXAVBVUk6m8oH4Pa5yErDdG6wWrP3X7%2BDW137xiA@mail.gmail.com> <CAOfEmZja8Tkv_xG8LyR5Nbj%2BOga=vvdy=b3pxHqZi0-BBq25Uw@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ-VmomY2wP1EyVK4J16sGmMid=sJ9MPZrUY6pgcKGBDXm1T4g@mail.gmail.com> <CAOfEmZj5pk7bFB-PBqaJsi%2BbA73gbsUZzqggs4yEVky3_61NpQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAOfEmZhtZCettzD6pKQMHRiQE42nQmBuimOq28cA23R%2BYyc13w@mail.gmail.com> <53C964F7.8060503@gmail.com>

> On 07/18/14 00:49, Marcelo Araujo wrote:
> > Hello guys,
> >
> > I made few changes on the lagg(4) patch. Also, I made tests using igb(4),
> > ixgbe(4) and em(4); seems everything worked pretty well.
> >
> > I'm wondering if anyone else could make a review, and what I need to do,
> > see this patch committed.
>
> Deliberately putting out-of-order packets on the wire is never a good
> idea.  This would count as a serious regression in lagg(4) imho.
>
> Regards,
> Navdeep

I'm wondering if anyone have tested the patch; because as I have explained
in another email, the number of SACK is much less with this patch. I have
put some pcap files here: http://people.freebsd.org/~araujo/lagg/

Also, as far as I know, the current roundrobin implementation has no such
kind of mechanism to control the order of the packages that goes to the
wire. And this patch, what it only does is, instead to send only one
package through one interface and switch to the another one, it will send
X(where X is the number of packets defined via sysctl) packets and then,
switch to the next interface.

So, could you show me, where this patch deliberately put out-of-order
packets? Did I miss anything?

Best Regards,

Marcelo Araujo            (__)araujo@FreeBSD.org
\\\'',)http://www.FreeBSD.org <http://www.freebsd.org/>;   \/  \ ^