Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 10:27:14 +0100
From:      "Bond, Jeffery" <Jeff.Bond@nectech.co.uk>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: I'm Still looking for freeBSD source

Herbelot Thierry wrote:

>PS : I'm quite sure a search on the Internet could get you a tar.exe and
>a gunzip.exe (which you could use to extract the sources without leaving
>Wintendo)

I'm sure WinZip will untar/gunzip files for you. I have noticed that the
'zipfolders' feature that comes with win98 plus! does not support this
though. How kind of Microsoft.

All you need to do now is to concatenate the original files. Someone
suggested using copy src.aa + src.ab ... etc, but I'm sure you'll need the
/b switch (binary).

e.g.

copy /b src.aa + src.ab + ... src.tgz

You may have to do this in several smaller chunks due to the command line
length limit under dos. Sigh!