Date:      Sat, 19 Jul 1997 12:16:04 -0500
From:      Tim Ackermann <webmaster@tawd.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help with install

I've been trying for hours to get freebsd to recognize my modem.
I have a SupraExpress 336.  It is currently set on (according to
windows95) com3:IRQ5-3e8.  I don't have anything on com2 and my
mouse(logitech cordless mouseman) is on com1.

I look at the boot log and it says something to the affect of
sio2 not on 3e8...

Then when I get to the part of the install where I have to connect to
the ftp site, I do the following:
alt-F3
term
(now when I type...I can't see anything happen)
atdt4294339(I was told to type this...atdt(isp #))
nothing happens
So I type ~.
close
set dial 4294339
dial
dial attempt 1 of 1
dial failed (it times out...and doesn't actually do anything)
quit

Reboot and email you guys.
I would really like to get this up and running.  My friend has linux on
his box and I'm trying to get this working to compare the two systems.

Thanks
Tim Ackermann
webmaster
tawd.com