Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:37:06 +0100
From:      VeeJay <maanjee@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, maanjee@gmail.com
Subject:   Server getting crashed, any helpful comments?

Hello
I am running a Freebsd server:

1. Software:
Apache 1.3
mysql 5.0.27
php 4.4

2. Hardware:
2 intel procerssors
4 gb ram
RAID 10 with hard drives 15K rpm

I am having this problem quite often now. Apache stops responding due to
mysql (my guess). And I cannot connect to mysql server:

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Out of memory; check if mysqld or some other process uses all
available memory; if not, you may have to use 'ulimit' to allow mysqld to
use more memory or you can add more swap space'

There is following configuration for mysql:

# The following options will be passed to all MySQL clients
[client]
port            = 3306
socket          = /tmp/mysql.sock
default-character-set=utf8

# Here follows entries for some specific programs

# The MySQL server
[mysqld]
port            = 3306
socket          = /tmp/mysql.sock
skip-locking
skip-networking
skip-name-resolve

server-id=1

max_connections=1000
key_buffer = 1024M
max_allowed_packet = 16M
table_cache = 512K
sort_buffer_size = 4M
net_buffer_length = 64K
read_buffer_size = 4M
read_rnd_buffer_size = 4M
join_buffer_size=4M

myisam_sort_buffer_size = 128M

# increase until threads_created doesnt grow anymore
thread_cache=512

query_cache_type=1
query_cache_limit=2M
query_cache_size=64M

# Try number of CPU's*2 for thread_concurrency
thread_concurrency=4

set-variable=local-infile=0
init_connect='SET collation_connection = utf8_unicode_ci'
init_connect='SET NAMES utf8'
default-character-set=utf8
character-set-server=utf8
collation-server=utf8_unicode_ci
ft_min_word_len=2
ft_max_word_len=15

log-bin=mysql-bin

server-id       = 1

[mysqldump]
quick
max_allowed_packet = 16M

[mysql]
no-auto-rehash
default-character-set=utf8

[isamchk]
key_buffer = 256M
sort_buffer_size = 256M
read_buffer = 2M
write_buffer = 2M

[myisamchk]
key_buffer = 256M
sort_buffer_size = 256M
read_buffer = 2M
write_buffer = 2M

[mysqlhotcopy]
interactive-timeout

ANY COMMENTS WILL BE WELCOMED, thanks!!!

--
Thanks!

BR / vj