Date:      Thu, 30 Aug 2001 13:37:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Jim Bryant <kc5vdj@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Carlo Dapor <carlo@vis.ethz.ch>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: testing KSE

The easiest way is to have a serial console.
that is VERY easy to do.
simply add the line
console="comconsole"

to the file /boot/loader.conf

After that you can also work on getting core-dumps (man dumpon)
and use gdb to get backtraces etc.

Some machines don't clear all of ram so "dmesg" can sometimesm show panic
messages from the last session too.