Date:      Sun, 6 Aug 2000 12:26:02 -0400
From:      Damien Tougas <damien@tougas.net>
To:        John Murphy <bigotfo@bigfoot.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ctrl X C V

Not too many people know this, but the FreeBSD version of vi actually
lets you edit multiple files simultaneously in different windows.
While editing a file, type the following:

:E filename

to open 'filename' into a new window. You can then switch between the
windows using Ctrl-W.

If you like vi, but want even more power try installing vim from the
ports.

Hope this helps.

--
Damien Tougas