Date:      Thu, 29 Dec 2016 14:48:49 +0100
From:      Marko =?UTF-8?B?Q3VwYcSH?= <marko.cupac@mimar.rs>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   current state of nfs between FreeBSD and ESXi

Hi,

a few years ago I opted to replace our NFS server from FreeBSD to
CentOS, because I was getting sub-optimal speeds between ESXi client
and FreeBSD server.

I never tried the workaround described here:
[http://christopher-technicalmusings.blogspot.rs/2011/06/speeding-up-freebs=
ds-nfs-on-zfs-for-esx.html]

Years have passed, and both FreeBSD and ESXi are now at a few major
versions higher than at the time I last tried to make them talk NFS. Has
anything changed in the meantime? Would I have the same problem now
with FreeBSD 11.0 and ESXi 6.5?

Thank you in advance,
--=20
After  enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.

Marko Cupa=C4=87
https://www.mimar.rs/