Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 2020 09:36:23 -0700
From:      Donald Wilde <dwilde1@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   swap space issues

All,

I recently upgraded my 12-STABLE system to the latest, and now my swap
subsystems aren't working. I deliberately set up a 40GB partition for
swap, and when I do 'top -t' I am only seeing 7906M total.

When using synth, it shows swap usage of < 2%, but then it gives the
'out of swap' complaint and tosses all my users out into neverland.

My /boot/loader.conf has:

   kern.maxproc=75000
   kern.maxswzone=17200000

   ... but those are no longer effective.

What has changed, and what do I need to do to rectify this?

--
Don Wilde
* What is the Internet of Things but a system *