Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 97 11:59:03 -0700
From:      "Mike Burgett" <mburgett@cmnsens.zoom.com>
To:        "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   serial console and hardware flow control (or lack thereof)

I'm running a headless box, started with 2.2.2 and am now running RELENG, and
I've noticed a problem running the console (/dev/ttyd0) at higher speeds.

Checking the stty status, I get:

speed 115200 baud;
lflags: echoe echoke echoctl
cflags: cs8 -parenb clocal
erase   status
^H      ^T

Try as I might (even running stty from the command line) I can't seem to get
crtscts added to this port... I've tried adding it to the 'terminal' function
in rc.serial, and uncommenting the terminal line at the bottom, but no dice.

I've searched mailing lists, and online docs at the website, but didn't get
any real hits on configuring the console port (modem configurations aplenty,
and I tried to adapt it....), so if there's a good pointer to what I need to
read, I'll be happy to do that, but I have to find it first. :)

Thanks,
Mike