Date:      Sat, 17 Jul 1999 17:43:25 -0400
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Would anyone like to start a FreeBSD irda project?

On Tue, Jul 13, 1999 at 02:55:05PM +0200, Stefan `Sec` Zehl wrote:
> Count me in. I was planning to check how hard a minimal IRComm or IRObex
> implementation would be. It looks like the IR is treated like a normal
> COM1 and can talk raw IR with BSD already. So it might be possible to
> implement the rest in userland which would make debugging far easier.

I already started on something like that, partly as a joke.. but there
are some timing issues.  In the end, it does need to be a device
driver, since IrCOMM at least should be providing "fake" serial ports.

Anyway, I'm quite interested in this, though my free time keeps
fluctuating wildly.

The one good thing about it is that the standards are generally
available.
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/