Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 1996 22:07:08 +0100 (MET)
From:      wjw@digi.digiware.nl (Willem Jan Withagen)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   slattach problems

Hi,

I'm running 2.1.0 on a 486/100 with all RELEASE stuff.

My Internet connection is a leased line with 2 Zyxels, and this has
funtioned flawless under 2.0.5.

But under 2.1.0 there occurs a problem once the leased line has gone down
and comes up again:
    -	slattach informes about the missing carrier
    -	and in due time the status the routing entry for the link is
	adjusted
    -	then the lines comes up, but slattach only tells the system that the
	carrier has returned.
	The IP routing entry is not updated.
	NOTE:	This is a fixed connection, so I have a permanent SLIP
		without login at the portmaster at the other side. It
		just always speaks SLIP to me.
    -	If I kill the current slattach, and start a fresh one, then the
	routing entry IS updated.

Now what can the problems be, and how do I detect them?

Thanx,
	Willem Jan Withagen