Date:      Fri, 06 Sep 1996 01:38:06 -0400
From:      Gary Chrysler <tcg@ime.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   squid: /etc/spwd.db: Permission denied

Welp, I got squid to run, Apperantly something failed in the first
build, I changed nothing, Just rebuilt!
Must be the daemons! :)

Anyways, As the title states I recieved an error in the messages log:
	squid: /etc/spwd.db: Permissino denied
running as nobody:nogroup.
Whats this file??

I'm lost.. :)
It all seems to work though, I can http,ftp out!

And I was impressed by the performance! Actually I was shocked!
I have held off doing this for along time because I'm an impatiant
person and waiting for something to happen just dosn't set well with
me!

Also, I run it pretty much as the 12 liner 'INSTALL' states.
	/usr/local/bin/squid
I don't get a prompt back.
It's not a daemon??
It needs to be sent to the background??
	/usr/local/bin/squid &

Thanks all for the help.

-Enjoy
Gary
Improve America's Knowledge... Share yours
The Borg... Where minds meet
(207) 929-3848