Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:37:17 -0500
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        dmagda@ee.ryerson.ca
Cc:        Martin Gumucio <martin@gumucio.com>, "freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: nvidia  tv-out

David Magda wrote:

>Martin Gumucio <martin@gumucio.com> writes:
>

>>I have almost been successful at getting the tv-out from my nvidia
>>card to work.  The picture is there but it skips around
>>horisontally. The skipping seems to get worse when playing movies
>>(as opposed to just displaying my desktop) and when there is a lot
>>of bright areas in the picture.
>>
>>Anyone else seeing this?  Have a solution?
>>

>I haven't even tried the TV out yet: didn't know the drivers
>supported it. Would it be possible for you to post instructions on
>what you did?

I got TV-out working on my GeForce 4 using the following config:

Option "TwinView"
Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync"  "30-50"
Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "60"

Option "TwinViewOrientation"  "Clone"

in Section "Screen"

It worked good enough to play RtCW on my system and have the video
also show up on a TV connected to the video out jack.

--
  \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese@mitre.org
 |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer