Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 1997 10:20:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      Intuitive Design Archive <archive@in-design.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86

On Thu, 13 Mar 1997, Doug White wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Mar 1997, Intuitive Design Archive wrote:
>
> > Hello all;
> >
> > 	I am wondering if anyone out there has the same set up as I do
> > and can tell me what to use in my XFree86conf.
> >
> > 	I am looking for info on
> >
> > 		NEC MultiSync 3FGe monitor
> > 		and
> > 		A generic Video 54XX Soft-Mpeg Built In
>
> This is probably an OEM'd Cirrus Logic card.  The SVGA server with the
> default settings should work.

	I tried that setting.  All works fine for the VGA_16 server,
however I can start the SVGA server but the screen is like 320x200 or
something ridiculus like that.  I am in vga mode now and doing 1024x768,
so I should atleast be able to do 800x600 in svga mode.  The card has 2
megs ram, and the monitos is a NEC.  A pointer to info ir suggestions
would help.  I have tried alot of things with both the XF86Setup proggy
and by manual manipulation.
						Thanks alot in Advance.
						Tamer Ziady

						Intuitive Design Archive