Date:      Fri, 7 Jan 2011 10:41:04 -0600
From:      Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch@gmail.com>
To:        Pawel Tyll <ptyll@nitronet.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, Jack Vogel <jfvogel@gmail.com>, freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Panic] Dummynet/IPFW related recurring crash.

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Pawel Tyll <ptyll@nitronet.pl> wrote:
> One more question tough,
>
> I have 4 identical machines, also with em-driven NICs - yet this is
> the only one that dies like this. OTOH Other machines don't do traffic
> shaping and do not use ipfw that extensively. Does this match your
> theory?

It's likely that the mbuf handling problem (in em_refresh_mbufs()) is
triggered by the processing you're doing with ipfw (or elsewhere for
that matter), so, yes, I think it's a bug fixed in the revision
discussed.

When you update and test, please let us know. Also, don't forget to
submit a follow-up to your PR.

Thanks!

-Brandon