Date:      Sun, 8 Sep 2013 09:32:06 -0400
From:      Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@gmail.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Edward_Tomasz_Napiera=B3a?= <trasz@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, "freebsd-arch@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>, Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>, "freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: New iSCSI stack.

On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 6:29 AM, Edward Tomasz Napiera=B3a
<trasz@freebsd.org>wrote:

> Wiadomo=B6=E6 napisana przez Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org> w dniu 6 wr=
> 2013, o godz. 20:18:
> > On 9/5/13 3:27 AM, Edward Tomasz Napiera=B3a wrote:
> >> Hello.  At http://people.freebsd.org/~trasz/cfiscsi-20130904.diffyou'l=
l find
> >> a patch which adds the new iSCSI initiator and target, against
> 10-CURRENT.
> >> To use the new initiator, start with "man iscsictl".  For the target -
> "man
> >> ctld".
> >>
> >> All feedback is welcome.  If nothing unexpected comes up, I'll commit =
it
> >> in a few days from now.  Note that it's still not optimized; at this
> point
> >> I'm focusing more on reliability and interoperability.
> >>
> >> This work is being sponsored by FreeBSD Foundation.

> > Edward, this is really exciting!
> >
> > Is there an easy way to use the userland iscsi configuration files?
>
> Which iSCSI userland configuration files, the ctl.conf(5)?  If you need
> an ability to parse it and modify from a shell scripts, see confctl utili=
ty
> (sysutils/confctl, https://github.com/trasz/confctl/).
>
> > We would love to quickly backport and ship this with FreeNAS as an
> option for our users, having the config files be the same OR having a ver=
> good converter would really make that much easier for us.
>
> Porting to 9 should be quite easy - there are Capsicum API differences;
> you might also want to compare CTL between 10 and 9 to see if there are
> any changes which need to be merged.  Taking a look at the code searching
> for possible security issues would be also very welcome :-)
>
> As for the config files - writing a converter should be quite easy.  Whic=
> configuration files you need to support, ctl.conf(5) and istgt
> configuration?

I was i belive quite close to having it working on the last patch, however
could never seem to get the ctl kernel module to function,
And feel im a bit further away with this latest patch retracing my steps,
from previous... quite easy to backport.... maybe for you, or other
but yes, I also would like to integrate the work to stable/9 in the lab for
some benchmarks