Date:      Wed, 25 Aug 1999 04:47:44 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   System startup scripts

I use fetchmail to fetch the mail from a provider that doesn't seem to
be able to, or to be willing to, set it up right. I'll not name names
but if you give 'host eboa.com' you'll see what I mean.

Mind you, I'll agree all those dots tend to become confusing <g>.

So I was wondering - sorry Greg, don't have your book yet; wife promised
to order it RSN - what is the best way to assure I won't forget to start
the daemon up? There is a variable that controls what dirs get checked
for scripts, is there a way to trick it to check home relative dirs as
well?

TIA,

Roelof

--