Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 16:48:46 -0600
From:      seebs@plethora.net (Peter Seebach)
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   WaveLan-like cards and wi0

I'm actually debugging a NetBSD driver, but the drivers are fairly similar,
and code is likely to get shared.

driver.  If the support works, it may be of some use in FreeBSD too.

The problem:  If an Apple Airport changes configuration state within hearing
distance of the BSD box, *boom*, the card stops responding to anything until
it's reset.  Everything always times out (busy bit stays set).  This applies
to:
	* Airport turned on
	* Airport turned off
	* Airport changed from looking for a base station to
	  computer-to-computer (read infrastructure to ad-hoc)
Note that I'm talking about an airport card, *not* a base station.

If the Mac is not using Airport, my pair of BSD boxes can talk fine.  If
the Mac is using airport, they can talk fine.  If it switches state, they
both die.

This is both Linksys and D-Link cards, but they're really just generic PRISM 2
cards, no special magic.

I've checked every interrupt bit; the only interrupts I'm masking out right
now are the clock tick and the command done interrupt, and those only because
they happen all the time anyway.  Neither seems like it should be relevant.

BTW, I'm not normally on this list, and I'm not much of a kernel guy.  Please
be patient with me.  :)

-s