Date:      Sat, 21 Jun 2008 22:09:56 +0300
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Remko Lodder <remko@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, tektonaut@fuckner.net, ports@christianserving.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD imapsync port

--Sig_/E0zf+op5aE6g/AZZNW+j7.h

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 18:51:15 +0200
Remko Lodder <remko@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> tektonaut@fuckner.net wrote:
> > Hello,
> >=20
> > There are some trouble getting imapsync port running:
> >=20
> > First, it would be nice adding a patch to change the shebang to
> > /usr/local/bin/perl. I don't expect anybody having perl on FreeBSD
> > at /usr/bin/perl.
> >=20
> > Secondly imapsync will not run with Mail::IMAPClient from ports,
> > as said by imapsync itself:
> >=20
> > Subroutine Authuser redefined at /usr/local/bin/imapsync line 2557.
> > imapsync needs perl lib Mail::IMAPClient release 2.2.9 exactly, future=
=20
> > imapsync release may suppoort 3.0.x, but sorry not now. See file=20
> > BUG_IMAPClient_3.xx
> > # Looks like your test died before it could output anything.
> >=20
> > Mail::IMAPClient provided with imapsync src should be used instead.
> >=20
> > Regards,
> > Adam
> >=20
>=20
> #!/usr/bin/perl is installed as symlink for consistency. The line does=20
> not have to be changed in my eyes. I also do not see us removing the
> symlink anytime soon so lets just leave it like that :-).

Actually it should.
# PERL                  - Set to full path of perl5, either in the system or
#                                 installed from a port, but without the ve=
rsion number.
#                                 Use this if you need to replace "#!" line=
s in scripts.

--=20
FreeBSD committer -> itetcu@FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B

--Sig_/E0zf+op5aE6g/AZZNW+j7.h