Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 1999 14:06:05 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
Cc:        chirag@cse.iitb.ernet.in, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD X11 Desktop Theme Contest

Hi,

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Gary Kline wrote:

> According to Brett Taylor:

> > Haven't had any in awhile - I just made a new screenshot of my current
> > Window Maker desktop recently but I didn't put it up.  I can point you to
> > it if you're interested.

> 		Please do.

Okay - be warned.  It's a South Park-ified movie poster.  It's also big
(read 326 kB).  Sorry.  :-)

	http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/images/south_screen.jpg

You can get the theme for this at wm.themes.org.  I've modified the
original theme so that it would work (there are missing xpms and the
background is defined wrong in the theme initially) and then had it use a
bigger image than the one that it comes w/ from wm.themes.org (grabbed the
larger image from the original site) and then had the background image
centered instead of maximized.

> 		All right.  Many months ago I had ctwm's
>
> 		AutoRaise
> 		{
> 		  #Main
> 		}
>
> 		feature set on virtually every xterm.  Moving
> 		the mouse pointer into whatever new xterm would
> 		popup (up and over) the other xterm.  Simple:
> 		just moving the cursor would give me a full view
> 		of a new xterm.
>
> 		The drawback is that when I used apps with a scrollbar
> 		I frequently hit the xterm below it. And Pop! the
> 		xterm would cover the application.  Say netscape or
> 		knews.

Ah... okay. I think then what you want is to set a window, say Netscape,
to always be on top?  If so you can do that in Window Maker.  Start up
Netscape, right click on the title bar and choose window attributes and
then click on "Keep on top/floating" and it will always stay on top.
Even if you set your other apps to autoraise, this would still keep
Netscape on top (preventing the xterm from popping up over it).  I imagine
that After Step and such have similar things, but I can't recall how to do
it in AS - I think it's something like "Always on Top" in the old 1.0
wording.  No clue how to do this in the latest versions.

> 		What is "sloppy focus"?

Sloppy focus is like auto-focus only the cursor can move out of the window
and that window will remain focussed until it enters another window.

Brett
Brett Taylor            brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu *
                        brett@daemonnews.org              *
							  *