Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2000 14:14:03 +0100
From:      arnaud.gibier@bt.com
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD-3.4 with Lucent waveLAN

	Hi all,

I have install on a desktop FreeBSD-3.4. I want to use a Lucent WaveLAN PC
Card (IEEE 802.11) as an interface of that machine.
I have used the wavelan.tar patch to enable FreeBSD to detect my card (I
know with 3.4 that you are not oblige to use the patch but I did it just for
safety).
I compiled my kernel with the PCMCIA options uncomment and the addition of
the wi0 device.
I added in my rc.conf file pccard_enable and pccard_mem.
I checked my pccard.conf file.
When I reboot my machine I have the following messages:

pcic: controller irq 5
Initializing PC-Card driver: wi sio
changing root device to wd0s1a
Card inserted, slot 0
.
.
pccardd[60]: No card in database for ""("")
pccardd[60]: pccard started

I don't understand why I get the no card in database message since I have
the Lucent WaveLAN PC Card in my pccard.conf file.

Could someone tell me if he was experience this kind of problem before?

Thanks,

Arnaud.