Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:57:31 -0700
From:      pete wright <nomadlogic@gmail.com>
To:        "Joe's Morgue" <joes_morgue@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gaming

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 10:10 AM, Joe's Morgue <joes_morgue@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Looking thru your manuals, I have not seen anything about gaming on a FreeBSD machine.
>
> Are there drivers for higher end graphic cards available?

nvidia provides a binary blob of their Unix driver for FreeBSD:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/freebsd_1.0-4365.html

Regarding games in particular - it really depends on which game you
are looking to play, and what it's requirements are.  I have played
HalfLife2 via wine emulation on FreeBSD using the nvidia driver for
example.

HTH
-pete

--