Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 1997 07:11:01 -0800
From:      Jason Wells <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        ArogorN <arogorn@wantree.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installation help

ArogorN wrote:

> hi
>    i need help with installation details. i have a P120 32mgs 2 HDs C: =
> 1.18GB D: = 2.5GB MS-DOS 6.22 & Win95 an ethernet card NE2000 comp.
> -is it possible to install from C: to D: without losing info on D: or C: (i
> use long file  names)

Yes it is possible to install without losing the info. You ask if you
can install from C: to D:. Does this mean you already have FreeBSD
installed on C: ?

Given that you have an ether net card. I recommend instaling via FTP. I
did and it was a snap. During the installation routine you will be asked
to configure partitions for the installation. You will probably be given
something like this.

Select the drive for primary partition...

[wd0] <------ C: drive
[wd1] <------ D: drive

After selecting the drive to install to you will be asked to partition
the drive. One of the slices will be labeled DOS. DONT mess with this
and you shouldnt lose any info.

Read the fine manual at www.freebsd.org on getting freebsd before you
start

> -if this is possible how? i really need comprehensive and simple
> instructions  cos i am   still learning unix at  the intitute and am a
> realy newbie with 6mths pc experience.
> -were can i find Boot Easy (with win95 support) i''ve looked everwere?
> -maybe you could suggest the best installation method (network is
> unaccessable)?

NETIQUETTE NOTE. please use -proper- capitalization -neat screwy text is
a -bitch to read -....

I hope you see my point. Use paragraphs too. It makes the people who
will help you able to work much faster and easier.
--
 __   __
/ 0\ / 0\         Thank you * Highperformance.net