Date:      Sun, 16 Nov 1997 09:39:56 -0500
From:      "Travis & AmberLee Brown" <tabrown@sympatico.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD for an ISP

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01BCF273.99801480

I am considering getting FreeBSD to use as a server, I will most likely =
get the 4CD copy from Walnut Creek CD-Rom...

I just wanted to know what I would have to add to FreeBSD (if anything), =
to enable me to use it as an Internet Service Provider.  It will be a =
small outfit, probably about 5 incoming lines for now, and 1 main =
connection to the internet (probably through a Ethernet Cable Modem =
(500Kbps).  I know I will need hardware, but is there any software which =
must be purchased to accomplish this.

Please send me any information you have regarding this, plus any =
suggestions you might have.

By the way after looking through your website and the information on =
FreeBSD I am very impressed with it, that's why I am considering it for =
my server.

Thanks,

Travis M. Brown
tabrown@sympatico.ca

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01BCF273.99801480

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I am considering getting FreeBSD to use as a server, =
I will=20
most likely get the 4CD copy from Walnut Creek CD-Rom...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I just wanted to know what I would have to add to =
FreeBSD (if=20
anything), to enable me to use it as an Internet Service Provider.&nbsp; =
It will=20
be a small outfit, probably about 5 incoming lines for now, and 1 main=20
connection to the internet (probably through a Ethernet Cable Modem=20
(500Kbps).&nbsp; I know I will need hardware, but is there any software =
which=20
must be purchased to accomplish this.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Please send me any information you have regarding =
this, plus=20
any suggestions you might have.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>By the way after looking through your website and =
the=20
information on FreeBSD I am very impressed with it, that's why I am =
considering=20
it for my server.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Travis M. Brown</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"mailto:tabrown@sympatico.ca">tabrown@sympatico.ca</A></FONT></DIV=

<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01BCF273.99801480--