Date:      13 Aug 2002 17:16:33 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   GNOME 2.0 packages available

I have made a set of GNOME 2.0 packages available on my marcuscom site
for anyone interested in install GNOME 2.0, but doesn't want to wade
through the ports.  As of right now, it looks like the main FreeBSD
package building cluster is still working on packages for 4.6.2, so this
should give people something to test until it resumes building current
packages.

The packages can be found at
http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/packages/gnome.  I have included
pretty much everything you should need except packages for XFree86.
These packages were built against XFree86 4.2.0, and packages for that
are already available elsewhere.  The packages are also in .tbz format.
A recent -stable should be able to handle this, but if you need .tgz
packages, let me know.  Let me know if something doesn't work for you.

Joe