Date:      Sat,  9 Dec 1995 12:21:06 +0300
From:      Andrew Timonin <tim@Relcom.EU.net>
To:        "Allen D. Harpham" <aharpham@cnweb.com>, John Capo <jc@irbs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: To the person with Merit-2.16 compile problems

In message <Pine.3.89.9512081642.B1937-0100000@nebland.cnweb.com> Allen
    D. Harpham writes:

>On Fri, 8 Dec 1995, John Capo wrote:

>> Add this to your Makefile and it will link.  This is the /only/
>> change I made to the distribution.
>>
>> LIBS      = -lcrypt -lcompat
>>
>> Haven't tested 2.4.16 but 2.4 works with the same link line.
>>
>> John Capo                                                   jc@irbs.com
>> IRBS Engineering                       High performance FreeBSD systems
>> (305) 792-9551                 Unix/Internet Consulting - ISP Solutions
>>

>That line is already in the Makefile under the FreeBSD section.  With It
>I get the following results:

>When I run Make I get the following error:

>"Makefile", line 502: Need an operator
>Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

I can't say whether it is a bug or a "feature", but make dosn't like
empty lines that are not really empty, i.e. that consists not only
of single '\n', but also have some blanks nad/ot tabs in it.
A simple fix is to delete and insert this line using your favorite
text editor :-)

>If I delete the lines that refer to builddbm from the makefile, I get the
>following error:

>./src/users.c: In function 'update_clients':
>./src/users.c:2509: 'h_errno' undeclared (first use this function)
>./src/users.c:2509: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>./src/users.c:2509: for each function it appears in.)
>*** Error code 1

>Stop

>Any ideas?

>Thanks, Allen

>Allen D. Harpham, President   |     Voice:   (402)462-4619
>Computer Consultants of       |     Fax:     (402)462-4670
>Hastings, Inc.                |     E-mail:  aharpham@nebland.cnweb.com
>1126 N. Briggs Ave.           |     HTTP:    http://www.cnweb.com/index.com
>                              | Custom programming, Network
>                              | Design and Installation,
>                              | Telecommunications Consulting,
>                              | Web Hosting Services

 Andrew A. Timonin	E-mail tim@sssun.spb.su,
   St.Petersburg	phone:	office:  +7 (812) 1106762
	Russia			private: +7 (812) 2540779