Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 1997 21:20:31 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Real hackers run -current

> > I'm running RELENG_2_2, with the relevant bits current as of today (28
> > October), on a TP560C.  Prior to this I've been able to almost crash my
> > machine at will, and so far in the last hour I haven't been able to crash
> > it at all.  My tests so far have been with a 3com 3C589D and a Megahertz
> > XJ4336, and I have an Adaptec SlimSCSI waiting in the wings.
>
> You're having better luck than I am.  My machine is also a TP560,
> and I'm running -current from yesterday evening (Oct 27, around
> 18:00 PST).

You need to upgrade your sources to the changes I made this morning.

>     # Linksys Combo PCMCIA Ethernet Card
>     card "LINKSYS" "E-CARD"
> 	    config	0x20 "ed0" ? 0x10
..

> By the way, does that 0x10 at the end of the ed0 config line
> actually _do_ anything?  I think it originated in the PAO stuff.

It's a PAO thing, and it doesn't do anything.

Re-sync your sources to today's stuff.  You only need to update the
stuff in /sys/pccard, and usr.sbin/pccard.  (Make sure that the include
files are updated if your don't have symlinks by doing a make install in
include though..)

Nate