Date:      Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:03:07 -0700
From:      garys@opusnet.com (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        Jaap Boender <jaapb@kerguelen.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange bootloader problem

Jaap Boender <jaapb@kerguelen.org> writes:

> So now I'm stumped. Does anyone have any advice? I'm running 5.4-STABLE, just
> cvsupped, built and installed an hour ago.

Since you changed your BIOS, I'm suspecting something fishy with the
BIOS settings for disk geometry, like not LBA or something, but you've
probably already checked the BIOS setup...

Read the boot(8) manpage paragraph starting with "However," which
says how to by-pass "/boot/loader" and maybe try that.

Also, loader(8) manpage has a boot_verbose variable that might help.