Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 1996 13:26:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com (Joe Greco)
Cc:        jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com, todd@gov.com, jkh@time.cdrom.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.2-ALPHA is now available.

> > > 4 port does not, 6 port does.
> > >
> > > Unless the product offering has changed lately.
> >
> > Thanks Joe, combining your statement with what another person said
> > defanitly qualifies the fact that the BB1004 does not have modem
> > support, and that the IOAT66 (6-port) does.
>
> Actually cruising the Boca Web site is handy... ( :-)  :-) )
>
> http://www.bocaresearch.com/docs/prodlist.htm
>
> Unfortunately their use of "RJ-45" is incorrect, it's actually a ten pin
> connector, allowing for full modem control.

It is correct, it is called an RJ-45/10, I know, I had to order a bunch
of them to make cables when Boca was backorder 30 days on them.  You also
need a special set of die's for your crimp tool, but it is infact known
as an RJ-45, they just left the /10 off :-(.

> > Jordan, can you please list this in the serial board section of the
> > release/whatever notes:
> >
> > Boca BB1004 4-Port serial card (Modems NOT supported)
> > Boca IOAT66 6-Port serial card (Modems supported)
> > Boca BB1008 8-Port serial card (Modems NOT supported)
> > Boca BB2016 16-Port serial card (Modems supported)
>
> That is reasonable.
>
> I have been toying with the idea of picking up an IOAT66, but I've had
> bad experiences with a BB2016 (interrupt problems) and I am a bit
> hesitant to try a Boca serial board again.  :-)  I guess that's fine
> since I don't think I know anyone who sells them anyways.  But they
> ARE very inexpensive!

Ahhh... I sell them.... just not a regular item :-)

Accurate Automation, Inc.                   Reliable computers for FreeBSD