Date:      Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:10:34 -0600
From:      Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        "patrick@spacesurfer.com" <patrick@spacesurfer.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: afbackup port

On 11/17/05, patrick@spacesurfer.com <patrick@spacesurfer.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The afbackup port has been stagnating for some time now and have asked to
> have patches uploaded a couple of times. I was told this had been done bu=
> it is still not done.
> The current listed maintainer has informed me that they are no longer
> interested in maintaining the port.
> Furthermore, the current port is broken to an extent that it does not wor=
> with our linux afbackup clients. I have a fully functional port to versio=
> 3.3.7 ready to upload. I have been using this modified port on FreeBSD 4.=
10,
> 4.11, 5.3 and 5.4 without problems for over a year.
> How do I proceed to remove the current maintainer and upload changes?

Change the MAINTAINER line in your updated port, then make a diff
between the current port and your updated port.  Now use send-pr to
send a problem report to GNATS with your patch to the port.  In the PR
indicate that the current maintainer is no-longer interested, and that
you wish to take over maintainership.  Also add the current maintainer
as a CC in the PR, so that they can verify that you can take over the
maintainership.

Scot

--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.