Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 1999 00:59:32 -0500
From:      W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
To:        David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, rdawes@ucsd.edu
Subject:   Re: boot.flp versions

[snips]
> As to whether a boot.flp from an earlier SNAP will "work just the same,"
> I don't know.
>
> Cheers,
> david
> --
> David Wolfskill		UNIX System Administrator
> dhw@whistle.com		voice: (650) 577-7158	pager: (650) 371-4621

I used a 3.0-RELEASE boot.flp to load a 'minimal configuration' by changing
the options screen to the Jan 12 SNAP.

First thing after that, I loaded a cvsup-bin package, grabbed the sources
from our local cvsup-mirror and built world.

It's working fine now but I'll bet 'you shouldn't do this' (TM)  :-)

Cheers,

Jerry Hicks
wghicks@bellsouth.net

--