Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2007 00:40:22 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org>, current@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>, net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 7 TCP syncache fix: request for testers

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007, Peter Wemm wrote:

> TCP: [127.0.0.1]:52446 to [127.0.0.1]:1128 tcpflags 0x10<ACK>;
> syncache_expand: Segment failed SYNCOOKIE authentication, segment
> rejected (probably spoofed)
> [...]
>
> How on earth can localhost be spoofing itself?  This is getting quite
> absurd. :-(

Any extra ACK that arrives is probably being processed by the syncookie
code is my guess.  So, I think that the problem is probably anywhere
except in the syncookie code.

> I'll give your patch a shot and see if it improves things at all.

It won't, not for this case. :(

But I'll get it committed ASAP, because it fixes other cases.  Unless,
that is, things IRL keep interrupting me.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack