Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 2000 11:59:24 +1000
From:      Benno Rice <benno@netizen.com.au>
To:        Scott Hazen Mueller <scott@zorch.sf-bay.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Irda support

On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 09:51:09AM +0800, Scott Hazen Mueller wrote:
> [I've been reading via the archive, let's see if I can post without
> subscribing to the actual list...]
>
> First - Benno, you might want to look at
> http://www.posi.net/freebsd/drivers/driver-info.phtml?ID=4 and see if Martin
> is doing anything with his IRDA driver project.  Maybe it will save you some
> work, though offhand your two approaches sound different to me.

I saw that a while back, although I haven't got in contact yet. (Mea culpa)

> Second - is it worth having?  I think the answer to that is if the FreeBSD
> folks want tech types - those folks already running FreeBSD on servers - to be
> able to use F as a replacement for W, then support for things like IRDA are
> good to have.

I think it's a nice thing to have.  I'm writing it because I'd like to be
able to communicate with my Palm, but I could also see possibilities in
other areas.

--
Benno Rice                                      "No, no. We're *sweet* and
XNFP Aries Dark Subculture-                      *innocent* evil bastards."