Date:      Sun, 27 Sep 2009 09:35:16 -0500
From:      Robert Noland <rnoland@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Beat Gaetzi <beat@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-gecko@FreeBSD.org, Martin Wilke <miwi@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Building x11-toolkits/swt-devel with libxul gecko provider

On Sun, 2009-09-27 at 16:08 +0200, Beat Gaetzi wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> We are going to remove xulrunner, Firefox 2 and Mozilla from the ports
> tree. We created a patch which switches all ports using xulrunner,
> firefox or mozilla gecko provider to libxul.
> Unfortunately three ports failed during the exp-run. One of them is
> x11-toolkits/swt-devel which is maintained by you. I tried to fix this
> problem but was not successful.
> Could you please take a look at this problem. Is it possible to use
> swt-devel with libxul gecko provider? If not, should we remove the port?

so, I have updated ports of both swt and swt-devel that use libxul.  swt
actually builds a seperate library for libxul support, so I've been
trying to decide the best way to deal with it.  I have been thinking of
going ahead and dropping traditional GECKO support, but the primary
consumer of swt that I know of is vuze.  In vuze, you have to
specifically configure it (runtime config setting) to use libxul, which
I can just add a note to pkg-message about.  The primary issue that I've
been hoping would get fixed is that a search in vuze doesn't show any
results when using libxul.  Everything else works properly.  The vuze
guys indicated that it is a bug in swt, but it persists.  The feature
still works correctly with traditional GECKO support, so I was resisting
a forced move to libxul.

Both ports are more or less ready to commit though...  As well as an
update to vuze...

robert.

--
Robert Noland <rnoland@FreeBSD.org>