Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 2000 20:38:31 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        "B. Scott Michel" <scottm@CS.UCLA.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: installworld on recent cvsup RELENG_4 fails

"B. Scott Michel" wrote:

> This has surfaced for me a few times over the last couple of days --
> installworld dies during perl install attempting to rebuild the SDBM_File
> libsdbm.a library. Not really worth sending the output, since installworld
> appears to be attempting to reconstitute libsdbm.a in the source and not
> in the object directory.
>
> It's possible to hack around this with a 'make NOPERL=true installworld',
> but it is annoying.

I tried a couple of things when this first hit me. You can make the
installworld work if you add chmod to Makefile.inc1 line 312. I added
it in front of the chown. You probably could locate it, cd, and "chmod
755 libsdbm.a". That is what it is trying to do but chmod isn't on the
list, which is being created at 312. It handled it properly during the
next buildworld.

Kent

> -scooter

Kent Stewart