Date:      Tue, 1 May 2001 11:43:39 +0200
From:      Thomas Widlundh <tw@ettnet.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: apsfilter vs. magicfilter

Hi again,
I hate to do it, but now, just a couple of minutes later, I have a tiny
answer myself!

I found a FAQ at the freeBSD-site, and found a Q about a very slow
printer.
I had to change the printer port from interrupt mode to polled mode by:
$ lptcontrol -p

and like magic my printer starts printing instantly.
Even the litte devil picture became a very good picture!

Now, is the port changed by this command, or do I have to give the
command every time I start the box, I wonder?
So I'll stick to apsfilter for now.
Thank You all for Your
help ,
Thomas