Date:      Mon, 03 Nov 2003 13:51:54 +0100
From:      Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier@fillmore-labs.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@mahoroba.org>
Subject:   Re: ANNOUNCE: [FreeBSD-Announce] Ports scheduled for removal on Feb 2

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 07:06:30PM +0900, Hajimu UMEMOTO wrote:
>
>>Hi,

>>kris> cyrus-sasl-saslauthd-2.1.15_3	security/cyrus-sasl2-saslauthd	ume@FreeBSD.org
>>
>>This is noticed from you before, but I cannot reproduce the problem,
>>here.  So, I cannot fix this problem.  Further, I didn't hear any
>>problem from anyone other than bento.  I suspect it is bento issue.
>>Any idea?
>
> It's probably something about installing all the dependencies via
> pkg_add, e.g. something has an install script that isn't the same as
> the install target of the port Makefile.  You can test this yourself
> by setting up a clean jail, installing all the dependencies by pkg_add
> and then try to build the port.
>
> Kris

Just a wild guess, excuse me if I'm telling nonsense:

can you try pkg_info -i packages/All/cyrus-sasl-2.1.15.tgz

on bento? Maybe the pkg-install script isn't included in the package,
otherwise I would expect the line
  *** Added group \`cyrus' (id 60)
in the build log. I suspect this relates to the use of WRKDIRPREFIX,
which seems to result in problems with package building.