Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 1999 21:11:33 +1030 (CST)
From:      "Daniel J. O'Connor" <darius@dons.net.au>
To:        "John W. DeBoskey" <jwd@unx.sas.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: PCMCIA-ATA/USB support for SanDisk/Digital Cameras

On 23-Dec-99 John W. DeBoskey wrote:
>     Basically, it appears to be a combination of PCMCIA-ATA
>  support melded together with USB.

I have a Kodak DC-240..

There is a program floating around called ophoto which talks to it over USB,
and there is another (more featured) which talks to it via serial called
gphoto..

You can get an adapter (infact I have one :) which turns a compact flash card
into a PCMCIA card.. It appears as an ATA HD. I *think* its possible for
FreeBSD to talk to it, but I haven't tried.

---
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum