Date:      Sun, 04 Dec 2005 18:35:43 +0100
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Proposal for an additional (sub)section in the porters handbook

--=-4TvtfKRWD5LyiOlFyceb

Alexander Leidinger p=ED=B9e v ne 04. 12. 2005 v 15:19 +0100:
> Hi,
>=20
> based upon the consensus (of the absolute majority of participants
> which consisted of a lot of committers and some users) in the discussion
> which starts with
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2005-January/019974.html=
,
> I wrote the attached proposal for the porters handbook.
>=20
> Comments please.

Drop all the political arguments, pros and cons, they don't belong into
PH. Just talk about the policies. This is a reference book, after all.

Are the terms "static / dynamic / install-time / commit-time" something
which was recently made up? Because when someone says "dynamic plist",
I think your "install-time" instead.

I'd not differentiate between "static" and "dynamic" at all. That would
also drop "commit-time".

Otherwise I agree with the proposed document.

--=20
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
              <pav@FreeBSD.org>

XML is a giant step in no direction at all.
  -- Erik Naggum

--=-4TvtfKRWD5LyiOlFyceb
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_podepsan=E1?= =?iso-8859-2?Q?_=E8=E1st?=
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_zpr=E1vy?=

--=-4TvtfKRWD5LyiOlFyceb--