Date:      Fri, 05 Sep 1997 14:10:56 +0100
From:      Ben Laurie <ben@algroup.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Plasmon DW260

I'm about to attempt to install a Plasmon DW260 on FreeBSD 2.1.0 - this
is a combined WORM/MO drive. If I want to use it in MO mode, as,
essentially, a removable hard disk, is it as simple as:

disk sd1 at scbus0 target 1

? Or is there more to it?

Note that it is _not_ recognised as an HD at bootup (presumably because
it says it is a WORM).

If there's more to it than that, I have considerable experience of
low-level SCSI driving, so if someone points me at the right bits, I'm
prepared to hack...

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie                   Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435
Freelance Consultant and     Fax:   +44 (181) 994 6472