Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 1998 00:50:07 +0100 (CET)
From:      Mikael Karpberg <karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se>
To:        paipai@tin.it (Paolo Di Francesco)
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sparc Booting Process

According to Paolo Di Francesco:
> How the Sparc hw boots up? Where can I find more infos, documents and so on?

Sorry, can't help there.

> Can someone test my code? ( I do not have a sparc box... 8( )

There seems to be some people on this list willing to do that...

> I don't think sparc asm will be very far from i386 asm. I hope.... ;)

Fortunately it's NOT close to i386.
It's a RISC, and it's non-intel. Adds up to "much nicer than i386". :-)
Personally I've become quite fond of another RISC (from some labs we did
at the university), the mips. :-)

  /Mikael