Date:      Mon, 14 Oct 2002 20:19:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garance A Drosehn <gad@santropez.netel.rpi.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   docs/44070: Minor corrections to release notes for 4.7

>Number:         44070
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       Minor corrections to release notes for 4.7
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD santropez.netel.rpi.edu 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #0: Sat Oct 5 21:56:57 EDT 2002 root@santropez.netel.rpi.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/Dual-650P3-LessWit i386

	Users of freebsd-4.7 release
	The release notes at:
	    http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/4.7R/relnotes-i386.html
	and http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/4.7R/relnotes-alpha.html
	imply that 'xargs -J' is depreciated.  This is not true.  It
	does not do the same thing as -I, and therefore it is still
	very useful.  It is a freebsd-only option (at least for now),
	but it is not depreciated.

	Also, the release notes do not mention some improvements to
	the 'lpc' command.  Several new options are now available on
	the 'lpc topq' command, and an 'lpc bottomq' command has been
	added.  Also, an 'lpc setstatus' command has been added.

	Details of the new 'lpc topq' options are at:
	    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/usr.sbin/lpr/common_source/matchjobs.c
	(scroll down to revision 1.2), but that's way too detailed
	for the release notes.