Date:      Mon, 02 Mar 1998 08:29:23 -0300
From:      Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/src/release/sysinstall needs YOU. :-)

I hate do discuss things I cannot help with - rolling up sleeves and
working I mean - but this is a discussion I started (re starded as far as I
know) and I still feel unconfortable for it's repercution, so, here we go
one more time:

I agree thet a pixel based interface would look graet, but I surrender to
the argument that it may not be THAT important.

BUT, a visual interface IS.

I won't give my opinion; I will one more time call you attention to facts
like:

you put someone familiarized to networking in front of a NetWare server and
tell him a couple of basic commands; In a couple of hours he will be able
to put the server up and running, reconfigured, and probably better than it
wasw.

you can make an administrator for netware out of nothing in a week or so,
and all of this because of a friendly VISUAL interface.

of course documentation is important, but also is the visual efect of
organization.

I am that case; I had to configure a Netware server to access Internet w/o
ever having done that and I was able to do it in a couple of days, w/o
anyones help (some documentation was avaliable, of course).

But I had problems to remove one of the network cards from free, because I
just couldn't find where I shoud mess. Documentation is fine, but just if
you know where to start looking at.